1. Create an account on Giftup by clicking on the following link https://giftup.app/
2. Log in to the Giftup account.
3. On the left side of the screen, there will be an option for "Getting Started" where we will be getting 5 options that we need to fill in :-
a) Confirm your email address:- We need to enter the registered Email Id and password.
b) Update your business:- Here we need to update four major detail i.e. Name of the Restaurant, Address of the restaurant, Website URL, and The currency in which the restaurant operates.
c) Set up Item to Sell:- Click on "Add Item For Sale" and update the below points:
* NAME AND DESCRIPTION - Write the name which you want to give to your Gift card. A description can also be included that will appear on the gift card once it will reach the customer. Adding a description is optional.
* PRICING - Click on "currency backed" and select the option of either "fixed price gift card" (this will have a fixed value of gift card) or "Customer can choose the gift card value" (any customer can select any amount within the given range).
* GIFT CARD VALIDITY - Here the restaurant can select from a different range of options on when and up to what time the gift card validity will work.
* CUSTOM ARTWORK (OPTIONAL) - Under this, the restaurant can upload a design on how they want their gift card's final layout which will be received by the end user.
* TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Under this, the restaurant can add any sort of term and condition which will appear before the end user while purchasing the gift card. For example: "This gift card can only be redeemed at the restaurant's official website while placing an online order or directly to the restaurant when dining in"
* SET INITIAL BALANCE VISIBILITY - This needs no change.
* SET BARCODE VISIBILITY - This needs no change
* CUSTOME GIFT CARD CODES - Here the restaurant needs to choose the second option that says "Generate a unique code according to the format you specify" and then add 16 times star(*) key
* VISIBILITY, LIMITS, AND SCHEDULE - Under this category, a restaurant can choose when they need to publicize this gift card to allow people to buy it and when they can hide it by choosing the default settings.
Once these above things are updated, you need to click on "add item" and that will complete the third step under "GETTING STARTED"
d) Setup Payments:- Click on "setup payment" and select "Stripe" and again click on "connect with stripe". You will be asked to enter the "Publishable key" and "Secret key". You can get this key by signing in to your stripe account and choosing the API key on the home screen (once logged in). All you need to do is copy both keys one by one and paste them into the box. Now click on "Connect stripe"
e) Get Your Checkout Code:- Click on "install your checkout in more places" and scroll down to the bottom. There, you will find a link. Now copy this link and add to whatever place where you want your customers to click it and purchase the gift card.