We believe restaurants are at the heart of the community.
You can give your customers an option to share a meal with the local food bank (or charity of your choice).
First and foremost, call the local food bank and discuss. Let them know your restaurant wants to donate the food and discuss what day works best for the food donation.
Think in advance, who is going to deliver the food? We recommend the restaurant owner or some senior member of the staff as this is likely a once-in-a-month event.
Make it as transparent as possible
Clearly mention the organization name where food will be delivered, a short description of what the organization does and how they help the community, and when the food is donated. For example, We donate all the meals you generously donate to the LA Regional Food Bank Santa Monica location, on the first Sunday of every month. Thank you for your support.
Remember to take some pictures and share those pictures on your website and social media thanking customers for the generous donation. This also helps build trust when customers see that their donation is making a difference.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to enable this feature.
Add Meal choices for your customer to choose from.
- Go to the Merchant Dashboard and log in with your credentials. (same as you use for ManageApp).
- If you are on mobile click on the navigation line at the top left and go to the Custom charges section. If you are on desktop then you can directly go to the Custom charges section on the left.
- Click on the “Add Charge” button on the top right.
- Make Charge active and then enter the Charge name say for example, “Share a meal” (check screenshot below for reference)
- Under the Charge description (check screenshot for reference)
- Choose the Charge type as “optional” as choosing this is optional and customers can unselect it.
- Choose the order types, for example, PickUp, Delivery. This option helps you control if this feature is enabled for PickUp, Delivery, or both.
- Now add business/organization details where the food will be donated. (check screenshot for reference)
- Once you have added details, click on the “add option” button on the right and configure options and the amount as desired. For example 1 Meal, 2 Meals, etc.. (check the screenshot for reference)
- Click Save.
Once you have created a custom charge and made it “active” then your customers will be able to see it on the cart screen.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org